NATURAL | VEGAN | CRUELTY FREE
Although the skincare / cosmetic industry has strict legal limits for application of certain toxic chemicals, synthetic colourings and fragrances. The effect of long term use is still at question while scientific research continues. Our fundamental philosophy against using all harmful substances stands strong. We are committed to avoid all toxic ingredients even if they may be legal to use.
The 10 Toxic ingredients we will never use
- Parabens and Phenoxyethanol - deemed to mimic estrogen in the body and have been found in breast tumours.
- Petroleum By-Products examples are petrolatum, paraffin, glycol, butylene glycol, isopropyl alcohol, disodium EDTA, tetrasodium EDTA, polybutene triclosan, polyethene and mineral oil. Can clog pores and are highly likely to be contaminated with carcinogens such as 1,4-Dioxane
- DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine) – these can react with other ingredients to form carcinogenic chemicals.
- Synthetic Colours and Fragrances - suspected hormone disruptors and carcinogens, one of the top 5 known allergens and can contribute to asthma.
- Propylene Glycol & Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) these are made from these same chemicals that is used for anti-freeze and oven cleaner.
- Urea (Imidazolidinyl) & DMDM Hydantoin – releases formaldehyde, a known carcinogen and can cause headaches, depression and trigger asthma.
- SLS (Sodium Laurel Sulphate) and SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulphate)-these have been linked to the disruption of hormones and infertility in both men and women
- Carbomer – a synthetic gelling agent made from acrylic acid, may contain possible carcinogens such as TEA and EDIA.
- Oxybenzone & Chemical UV Filters - linked to skin irritations, allergies and hormone disruption. Most concerning is that they are possible photo-carcinogens meaning they may be actually contributing to the rise of melanoma.
- Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) – potential neurotoxic properties and negative effects on neural development at low levels of exposure.