▪ High in linoleic acid, works as an analgesic and antioxidant. Linoleic acid has a significant role in opening the skin to moisturisers. Safflower oil has been shown to be a penetration enhancer, making the skin more receptive to other ingredients in formulations.
▪ Very high in vitamin E (potent antioxIdant and defence against "free radicals", which are molecules that tend to attack collagen and age the skin. When skin is expose to excessive UV radiation from sunlight, the body produces free radicals. The free radicals attack the skin at the cellular level, damaging the mitochondria within the cell and cause a loss of elasticity. ie. Fine lines, wrinkles and appearance of ageing skin).
▪ Antioxidant properties, it helps to reverse the damage done by free radicals. Includes rough skin, age spots and skin irritations. Minimize the appearance of ageing, also restore the collagen that was lost due to environmental factors like UV exposure and free radicals.
▪ The most important function of safflower oil is assistance in battling oxidative stress - the free radicals that form after exposure to UV radiations and the environmental toxins.
▪ Safflower oil contains high omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are crucial to overall skin function and a healthy skin appearance. (Made up to 80% of oil content)
▪ Sallower oil acts as a barrier, which prevents water from escaping, it helps retain water, leaves the skin radiant, soft and smooth.
▪ High level of linoleic acid, excellent helping to balance the sebum levels in skin.